AlpineAire Foods Stroganoff with Beef and Noodles Freeze Dried Food PACK IixFpr88F
- Product Code: IixFpr88F
- Availability: In Stock
No mushroom soup with noodles here. Pasta and beef swimming in a rich sour cream sauce make this Stroganoff the winner.
Pasta [durum semolina (enriched with niacinferrous sulfatethiamine mononitrateriboflavinand folic acid)]sour cream powder [sour cream (cream solidscultured nonfat milk)citric acidTBHQ]cooked freeze-dried diced beefpotato starchwhey powderparmesan cheese powder [parmesan cheese (skim milkcheese culturessaltenzymes)buttermilk solidspartially hydrogenated soybean oilwheydisodium phosphatesalt]mushrooms*tomato flakes*butter buds [whey solids and corn syrup solidsmodified butter oilbutter*saltguar gumannatto and turmeric vegetable colors]onion granulessea saltnonfat milk powdergarlic granulesgreen onions*spices.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the food last
Most products have a 3-5 year shelf life under proper conditions. Products containing shrimptunabrown ricenutsand dairy products have a shelf life of one to two years.
What are proper storage conditions
The best is a cooldry environment for our products. The cooler the better. High heat that occurs in a garage or the trunk of a car is not good for these products.
How does AlpineAire Foods extend the shelf life of food
By using freeze-dried and dehydrated ingredientsmost of the water is removed from the item. Each product contains an oxygen absorberwhich is iron oxide pellets. Iron oxide attacks the head-space oxygen remaining in the pouch once the pouch has been sealed. Oxygen has moisture so the absorber collects the oxygen and thus slows down the oxidation process that can occur. Oxidation leads to rancidity.
Is the oxygen absorber harmful
Noit is not harmfulbut do not use it as a spice packet. It tastes awful.
What is freeze drying
Freeze drying is a process used for instant or quick rehydration of certain dried foods. The first step in freeze drying is to rapidly freeze the food. The water contentnow frozenis turned directly into a gas and withdrawn from the food during the next stepsvacuum and low-heatthus avoiding the shrinkage. Many of AlpineAire's products are custom freeze dried to suit strict quality requirements. Freeze-dried products include grainsbeansfruitsmeatsseafoodpastasvegetablesand eggs. Using this process98% of the moisture is removed.
Key advantages of freeze-dried products include
- The original taste and nutritional value of the food is retained due to very low heat temperature that is used.
- Foods are quick and easy to prepare.
- There's no waste.
- It's an ideal method for maintaining flavors of meatpoultryand fish.
- Extends the shelf life of the product.
- No preservatives are necessary.
- Results in a super-lightweightcompact product.
- A wide variety of foods are available.
- Use hot or cold water to rehydrate.
What is dehydration
The standard method of dehydrating vegetables and spices is to place the items on a conveyor belt and run them through an oven at a high temperature for a relatively short time. About 90 to 95% of the moisture is removed.
Some vegetables are more suited to this form of drying than others. This means that with the addition of waterthe product rehydrates back to its original state more easily. Preferable items include onionsbell pepperstomatoescelerycarrots and mushrooms. Dehydrated items such as peascornand green beans do not rehydrate as well as freeze-dried.
What are proper storage techniques
It is crucial that you store food properly
- Avoid exposure to heat and moisture; make sure foods are not accessible to insects or animals.
- Never store food directly on the ground or on concrete floors--moisture can build up inside containers.
- Avoid such storage places that experience temperature build-up such as atticsgaragesor car trunks. Ideallystorage should not exceed room temperature for extended periods.
- Store in a location that's accessible so that periodic inspections are easy and you can rotate supplies.
- Avoid excessive and rough handling of pouch and canned foods.